Flu shot days were completed November 3, 2012. Please call your doctor's office if you still need a flu shot.
To expedite your flu shot, you may print out and complete a record form at home, then bring it with you when you come in for your vaccine.
Dreyer will bill your insurance plan for reimbursement. Check with your insurance company if you have questions about coverage. Priority groups for vaccination are subject to change, depending on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and recommendations.
From the Kane County Health Department:
Stop the Spread of the Flu by Practicing Good Habits
With students headed back to school, the Kane County Health Department wants to send out a reminder that not only is the H1N1 flu virus still active, but we also have to be concerned about the seasonal flu.
Schools bring large groups of young people together in an enclosed area, which can help spread the virus. The Health Department is asking for everyone’s help in preventing the spread of H1N1 and the season flu.
“This fall we are looking at the possibility of battling two types of flu, the seasonal kind and the H1N1 virus. We can cut down on the spread of both by covering our coughs, washing our hands and staying home when we’re sick,” Paul Kuehnert, Health Department Executive Director, said.
What you can do to stay healthy:
- Stay informed. Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
- Take everyday actions to stay healthy.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Stay home if you get sick. CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
- Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds, and other social distancing measures.
- Find healthy ways to deal with stress and anxiety.
Links and Downloads
Influenza-like Illness (English)
Influenza-like Illness (Spanish)
Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 November 2012 16:48