The mission of Dreyer Medical Clinic is to provide the highest quality health care for the individuals, families, and communities we serve.
The statement of values of Dreyer Medical Clinic as an affiliate of Advocate Health Care serves as an internal compass to guide our relationships and actions:
We affirm the worth and spiritual freedom of each person and treat all people with respect, integrity, and dignity.
We embrace the whole person and respond to emotional, ethical, and spiritual concerns, as well as physical needs, in our commitment to unselfishly care for others.
We empower people to continually improve the outcomes of our service, to advance quality, and to increase innovation and openness to new ideas.
We collaborate as physicians, associates, volunteers, and community leaders to utilize the talents and creativity of all persons.
We are responsible for all that we are, have, and do.
Dreyer Medical Clinic's philosophy is grounded in the beliefs of its physicians and associates established over three-quarters of a century of trusted service to individuals and families in the greater Fox Valley area. Through our actions, we expect to demonstrate the following beliefs:
In Regard to Patients...
- We respect and serve people without regard to race, religion, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, or socio-economic status within financial limits of our organization. The best interest of the patient must be the number one priority of both physicians and associates.
- Health care services must be accessible to patients which, in turn, requires us to offer services at convenient hours for patients, within reasonable travel time, without excessive waiting, and at a reasonable cost.
- Patients are entitled to certain rights including considerate and respectful care; information about the credential of the caregiver; informed choice regarding treatment alternatives; confidentiality and consideration of privacy; information on the business relations among Dreyer Medical Clinic, other health care providers, or payers that may influence treatment or care.
- Health care requires collaboration and continuity with patients (or their families/surrogates), and effective care requires the patient to accept certain responsibilities. Patients shall be educated to manage their health care problems when possible, to take responsibility for maintaining their health status, and encouraged to practice healthy lifestyles.
- Patients will receive personalized care dedicated to meeting their needs.
In Regard to Excellence...
- We believe in effective collaboration with individuals and organizations interested in addressing the health care needs of the greater Fox Valley area.
- Customer satisfaction is the foundation on which every organization is built, so satisfaction with our services must be measured frequently and appropriate measures taken to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- The group practice model offers the best system for organized delivery of health care because resources may be concentrated, economies of scale realized, and management expertise secured to address the on-going need for cost control. Cost control will be used as a competitive edge over competing systems of health care delivery.
- Quality in health care is rooted in attracting and retaining well-trained and qualified physicians and associates. Commitment to measuring and improving quality of care shall be a fundamental activity of the organization, which requires the cooperation of everyone in the organization.
In Regard to Each Other...
- We will provide or facilitate access to a full spectrum of health care services to our patients.
- We believe our physicians and associates must be responsible and accountable for ethical behavior and stewardship of all resources under our control to ensure the accomplishment of our missions.
- Every physicians and associate is valued and has a unique contribution to make toward the success of Dreyer Medical Clinic.
- The organization's, the physicians', and the associates' financial security must be maintained for continued success. Physician and associate job satisfaction shall be address in an on-going manner since satisfied physician and associates are more likely to produce satisfied customers that are the key to continued financial success for the organization as well as for physicians and associates.
- Physicians and associates will be afforded opportunities to grow and to develop within the organization and within their profession.